COVID-19: Dementia initiative SRE
This project was a collaborative initiative with the IDEAL project to support the circulation of key messages to people with dementia and carers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
It also involved the Science, Research and Evidence (SRE) directorate, which is part of the Department of Health and Social Care.
- Identify the best ways to manage or mitigate the psychological and social impact of COVID-19 on people with dementia living in the community and their resident or non-resident primary (family) carers.
- Leaflet – advice for people living with dementia – COVID-19
- Leaflet for dementia carers – COVID-19
- Welsh language leaflet (INCLUDE website)
The leaflets have also been translated by the Race Equality Foundation into Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Gujarati, Kurdish, Punjabi, Portuguese, Polish and Somali.
You can access these and a wealth of other translated resources on the Race Equality Foundation website.
For up-to-date information and advice, visit the IDEAL website.
- Research findings – Living with dementia during the COVID-19 pandemic: coping and support needs of community dwelling people with dementia and their family carers (PDF)