Covid-19 International Learning
Few members of the current health and care workforce have lived through a pandemic. Learning from international experience has become an essential part of the response to Covid-19. Established ways of sharing health and care information cannot keep pace with rapid changes in knowledge. Our paper considers:
A) How the health and care workforce (and the health and social care system), are learning from international experience on Covid-19?
- Official information – websites of the World Health Organization, professional organisations and government bodies (from both UK and other countries)
- Research evidence emerging from outside the UK, published in journals and websites
- Clinical and care networks
- Social media, particularly Twitter
- General news sources
B) what do we know about the key lessons from international experience?
- The main sources of key lessons for the care system are the World Health Organization and government guidance.
- The care workforce is learning from international experience in patient management.
To read more in depth on this paper see the linked document: